Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Must'nt Point!

Company, we had company and it occurred to me that I haven't emphasized the importance of not pointing.
When we were young, there had better have been a broken finger on you, if your pointer finger were left out, in front of the other four, for any reason. Not to Ever. I must have forgotten. It isn't everyday that we have company. I must be seeing things. That is not her pointer finger going up at the company? I said, Ev, get the gentlemen some drinks. Up went the pointer finger, "these gentleman?" {meaning her father and our company?} Yes. Needless to say, there were no other gentlemen in the room. Steam and smoke and fumes and every kind of fierce gumption, had to be held back from me, in this state.
She did not just ask me a question in response to a command. She did not just ask me a question, did she? That is not the worst of it. She POINTED HER FINGER!!!
Where is Grandma Ruth, when you need her?

No comments: