Friday, May 11, 2012

Bumping your head against Heaven

Often I have thought of falling to my knees in prayer in relationship to my short volleyball season. Falling on the knees over and over, to get in the proper position to hit the ball. The knees are always the humble position to be in. This morning, though I think of the jump. I think of the awe that was ours to see our coach leap and hover in the air, as though he had wings. He taught us to hover, somewhat. For the spike and for the aggressive points in Volleyball, most of those points are hit with feet off of the ground. Sometimes, we hit our head against the ball, inadvertantly. Sometimes, I believe that we hit our head against Heaven, in prayer and in purpose for God. The aggressive stances of the Church militant, may be with feet in the air. When we hit our head against Heaven, though, it may not knock us out, it may just wake us up. :)

No comments: