Monday, September 8, 2014

Why should we feel like working out, after we see our girlish figure escaping us?

Oh dear, baby number 2 or more is on the way and although the first baby meant only delight and accomplishment, the second baby comes with so many emotional rollercoasters.

Will he still love me in 4 or 5 months when he sees the belly protruding and taking over? Can I go through 9 whole months and labor and delivery again? Too late to rethink that decision, now isn't it? So many nurses have said that to me in my tearful estate. You should have thought about that a while ago, now shouldn't you've? Perhaps there are not those thoughts, if you are a princess and have unlimited service and assistants with baby number one. Most of our princes expect full healthy wifely attendance, even in the midst of the morning sickness. Aren't you used to this condition, yet? I hear it is all in your head. I hear that you are psychosomatic about your early morning 'sickness'. That is not true! It is certainly the sensitive husband who will know that and not expect a perky and always exuberant mothering condition. We pray for grace to become thus, but it does take some time.

I worked out, doubly on babies number 2 and 3, just to stem the tide of emotional distress that I know myself to be susceptible to. Aerobics, situps, tennis matches, a tourney or two to enter, just to prove to yourself that your competitive edge is not lost to this tiny personal space sharer. Always taking your medical professional's advice about continuing an exercise regimen is preferred. Once they say you can. Get your exercise on, baby, it is good for your emotional state!

Some girls needn't run from the fat deposits, they have inherited the slim genes. But, us "Amazon women" have to fight tooth and nail for every curve. They are worth the fight, girls. Keep those curves as long as you can.

You know what I always say...PUMP IT UP!

No comments: