Thursday, January 28, 2016

I hope you didn't take our talk, last night...

as dissing motherhood?
I love getting to talk to you as a grown woman. You have a way of challenging my thinking and getting me to say things I probably would never say to anyone else. That is the joy of mother daughter discussions. I was 25 starting out as a mother. I am grateful for a wonderful church home and great husband to assist this endeavor. It still was the hardest thing I have ever done.
My sister Amy helped me to see that when you have alot of children, people think you think it is easy. They minimize what you say, if they have had a hard time, in some cases. It is not easy, in the best cases. It is difficult and takes a committed relationship and Christ's intervention at all stages, to give strength and guidance. We had some of the best!
We had some of the best preaching and instruction. We had some of the best fellowship with people of the same ambitions. We had some of the best discussions with each other about what we wanted and we still fell short.
Aging is about looking back and seeing where the resources were spent wisely and unwisely. Issues of women and men's roles and child rearing guidance was the greatest treasure anyone can ever have. We say to ourselves, where did we spend it?

No comments: