Saturday, November 25, 2017

I found my mixer and mixed up alot of delicious treats!

Eggplant, Corned Beef, Lasagna, Roast Beef, Rice and peas, mac and cheese, chocolate cream pie, brownies, meatballs, broccoli, salad, not to mention Turkey and "cranberry sauce{not made by me}". I am still stuffed on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
I have been picking at the eggplant today. I love it, without too much sauce. I am tasting something in it that I don't really care for, either. Ben and I thought that it was the lemon pepper that gave it a raw flavor. I don't think so. With the heaps of sauce that he dumped on it, it may have been the lemon pepper that stood out.
So, I took 2 or 3 helpings without sauce... I had made alot of it, Ben and I. So there is still half the pan left. The older I get the more I think about my health, after Thanksgiving. Not as much my waistline, as at earlier days.
I did my usual Pump It UP!routine for "Shake Your Booties"Day. {my name for "Black Friday"} The day we shake off the calories we put on on Turkey DAY! I could shake for a month and I would still be 20 pounds heavier this year, for how I snacked, while preparing this meal. Well, the taste of the eggplant, first was a kind of a dirty taste, underlying. I ate it anyway. Then the 2nd helping I didn't get that flavor, it all seemed to go together, somehow.

So, my pre New Years resolution is to pump it up 2 or 3 times a week and do a liquid diet with that. I bet I lose some weight with that regimen, although that is not the goal, just to clean out my arteries from all that picking on the pies and the cream and the butter. Maybe my arteries will thank me, by not completely closing down, as they should after all that I ate!

No comments: