Saturday, November 21, 2009

15-30 Sharing the baby!











Right after the birth

This man that you used to love above all is now holding the new baby. There is love for this little stranger that you could never imagine there could be. At least that is how it was for me. Why is he holding my baby? She is his too. Don't be harsh, don't be selfish. Share the baby with him. Share your husband with this little one. I am no longer the center of attention. He is now in love with another woman (a baby, but she does become a woman and you have to share him) and the rest of the world no longer asks how I am. I have become a milking machine and the child and her father are enraptured with eachother. I don't know if I bargained for this much self sacrifice when I signed up for motherhood. She's crying, it is always something I've done. She smiles and it is always something her father did to tickle her. When am I going to make a point. I don't want a service break. Go ahead take her around and sing to her like the proud papa. I will have my day too. Motherhood is a lonely and selfless job and here I am remembering the first game of the first set. 15-30

No comments: