Friday, November 27, 2009

30-40 Sharing the baby?

Hey now? Wait a minute. I am sharing her, but how long? Until she cries to eat or burp or get changed. If the rules are not set down early in the match, you will be the gofer and nothing more. Rules must gently be set in place and love must be the motivation for the care of baby being equal. This should have been instructed in the hospital. We didn't have a hospital birth, so it was my job to teach the swaddling and the burping and such.
I do wish that I had another alternative to nursing. That was out of the question for the stallwart naturalists that we had become. No plastic nipples in my childs mouth, unless absolutely necessary. This was a good thought but, at 30-40 in the first game of the set, I had a severe infection that was paining me and I was crying at every feeding. The doctor said the infection wasn't affecting the milk and wasn't dangerous for the baby. I took 2 tylenol 15 minutes before the feedings and that seemed to do the trick. This is supposed to be my serve. I mustn't lose this game. Hold serve and see what happens? That means, first serves in, maybe an ace. What is next?

No comments: