Saturday, December 12, 2009

Confessions of a MOMMABOSSY!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thoughts on the development of Femininity in our family, eg. Tom Brown's School Days movie!



For the Love of femininity.


Ms. Brown you have a lovely daughter.
Tom Arnold’s wife is the feminine ideal from bygone days. The symbol must be studied and devoured and spit out in contemporary garb. Not stupid! Trusting. What God does to build up a man that is cared fo and relied upon. He directs. The devil sends all of his ammunition against him. Here is a man of principles. He also takes the time to teach others to do this also.
He doesn’t need a devouring contentious wife. “Nyaaaa, I need, I want, gimme, gimme.” He needs support. Do you take this man? Do you support his principles? She said I do as clearly as the first day they were wed. Do you, Jayne take Ben to be thy lawful wedded wife?
If I disagree with a particular issue on the table; it is not my part to discuss it in front of Mr. Brown, so to speak. (from the movie) It is my part to be supportive and comforting in distresses and do my correcting where others cannot catch my sicknesses. God holds the heart of the king. Do I still believe that? I do. Do I still believe that God holds our hearts and can convince my leaders of right? I do.
God has a schematic that He is creating. God has a plan and a blueprint, so to speak that He has coordinated and designed. I am not the designer, just a spectator. If God allows me to be the wife of Obed Edom and Tom Arnold and serve God in the humble prayers and study, I will be most grateful. I must, add to my faith the process of faithfulness and mercy. Those are character traits much dimmed in my judgmental attitude. God has an illustrious balance and the qualities of mercy and faithfulness are feminine though not exclusively. Family does much to breed the human quality of loyalty, if there are loving attitudes and sometimes, even if not. God is faithful and masculine but in the family, Judgment belongs to the husband and mercy usually belongs to the wife. It was beautifully danced out in fictional array in that movie Tom Brown. Just one glimpse of the merciful picture of the spouse of the headmaster and that could comfort the deepest blows of body and soul.
The body can be trained to write in perfect penmanship when the heart is broken in a million pieces but the soul cannot be trained to hang on. It is the beauty of the comfort of women, exemplified toward Jesus before the crucifixion and other places where the comfort of women has brought someone from the edge of disaster.
I know that it can push someone over the edge also. I must try to add much more mercy for the heavy handedness that I often have a crushing influence on my children, may henpeck my sons.









Now look at the love picture in Sweethearts, with Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy and that is the part we play in front of the angels. They have no part in that kind of love!

No comments: