Monday, June 20, 2016

Baby Brother must learn to respect his elders?

I was grieved in my spirit by the tone of voice that Ezra used with Enoch in trying to get into the car. I understand that he was trying to expedite the process, but the tone would have gotten him a swift bop, had he been born into my family.

I know that there are verbal ways to establish this truth into the soul, but grown-up brother doesn't defend his respectful position, as he ought, in my opinion. Another elder or larger person would have taken offense to the tone of talk and perhaps this is a reason that he isn't doing better in school. Perhaps there are no decorum rules of respect in his heart and mind at all.

"What's it to ya! Get out of my way! So what!" If these are his defense mechanisms and outbursts, he may get a black eye or 2 to help him understand manners. I hope not. I hope that there is a way to civilize this little barbarian, before life has to.

No comments: