Saturday, April 8, 2017

The Sweet Smell of Clean?

What I've learned using bleachy water in Daycare...3 capfuls of bleach to a gallon of water and fill each of the sanitizers with the combination. 200 parts bleach and 500 parts bleach were tested by using litmus paper in the whole gallon and then diluting to the right strengthening for the use of each bottle. In the beginning, I had to check every single bottle. After a while, there was a routine to it and I checked the strength of the whole and the most diluted bottle and refilled the gallon with water and used the rest to clean the outdoor toys.
It is my conviction that the year that this was my responsibility, there were fewer sicknesses. I don't think this was an overstatement. Especially the yuckiness of toys that are left outside, with the bird poop and possible animal touchings, I think bleach is in order.
Little children put their mouths on everything. You may know this first hand, one day. You may have to care for little ones outdoors, here and there. They eat dirt and put the toys in their mouths. Cleaning the toys that they must keep outside, is a preventative of numerous sicknesses. I love that the State has rules for the level of bleach that should be used in such cases. How much bleach is enough is a real lesson. Too much bleach is far greater a danger, than none at all. Go ahead and let them eat the dirt. Putting their mouths on a bleachy surface is more dangerous, unless it is the right dilution.
Use Bleach, but don't use too much!

No comments: