Saturday, March 31, 2018

Motherhood 101: I am not a professor, but I have a few things to say!

What my Daughter, what, daughter of my womb, what daughter of my vows!
Motherhood is essentially weaving!
Weaving dreams and hopes and desires into purpose is the consequential life of mothering. You give of yourself and you give up yourself into the loom of developing community, first in your home and then in your world. What can you do? What are you good at? Where can you use it?
Cleanliness is next to Godliness, but godliness is next to God. Are you next to God, or are you twice removed?
Some of us say, I have studied about God in church and temple and school and others say, I know God. Be the latter and teach from knowing God and not just knowing about Him! We are not dogs we are humans and there is a mental and emotional component of human instruction. when we divorce that from the equation, we create a species that God doesn't know of. They are human creations, just like many of my crocheted cloths. They can go in the garbage, and I would be sad, but no human should be in that category!

No comments: