Wednesday, June 27, 2018

When the tried and true methods of napping them prove unsuccessful, what do you do?


I remember with an odd fondness, the tremendous sense of ineptitude that I felt with my Emily at naptime.   Each day was a wrestling match which I rarely won. When prayerful walking and rocking and cooing and cajoling didn't bare the fruit I expected my only recourse was to pray and play with her.  You lose, mommy she laughed as she saw me succumb to her antics. She insisted on tag, or hide and go seek in the house.  She wasn't a child that I could play the memory game with.  It was a challenge everyday and she kept me in the best shape of my life...   Some family exorcisms are successful and some are not.   My mommy had her hands ful with me and I received my remuneration with interest in my Emmy.   I am grateful to know that God saves to the utmost, whether you get them to nap, or not...

No comments: