Saturday, October 4, 2008

Daddy loves Emily!



Today we took Emily to the SAT's. A day that I have dreamed about since she was born. Somehow it has lost its significance over the years. As giftedness proved in other areas predominantly, I have lessened my insistence that my children would strive to a perfect score on the SAT's. Not part of their plans, for sure. It seemed that I was kicking against the pricks on that goal. I am glad to have woken up to get her to the SAT's.
Ben was her compatriot on this day. I was there but not with bells on. We are part of the "regular joe" group. Not kicking any "buts" in the academic dept. Thats okay and we are still striving. God made my children with artistic talents and I can accept that now. I will continue to fight with the sinews of mental ability that they do have, but I am not going to kill myself drilling and drumming against their and their father's will. I would've dropped her off and sulked at my ineptitude in parenting not to have redeemed the time better. Not my husband, he is proud to be the father of a beautiful and loving family. This is so much better of a perspective. He walked her in there and represented, just like with Elyse.
I am the father of this beautiful and capable young woman. That is why they are so confident. They are accepted, with or without a perfect score on the SAT's. Beyond my imagination of love.
The only love that I can visualize is a love that disdains ineptitude. Striving is far more accomplishing and accomplished when acceptance is understood!
Halleluia, what a Savior.

No comments: