Monday, October 20, 2008

This morning, we elected representatives


to the 8th grade and 4th grade and kindergarten.





Our conversation in the wake up call included a discussion of representation. District 2 in the Walker household learned about representation before school. I am still not sure it got through to the kindergarten mind of my Ezra. I try to motivate them to wake up with something other than breakfast. Some days it is a good book, some days it is a loving kiss. This time it was representing me in the classroom. I voted, unanimously for them and they felt confident that it was true that I was voting for them in confidence.

Ezra left for school thinking that getting dressed was representing and perhaps it is. Our sockless selves and the fact that there is some little sock gremlin that steals the socks out of our house is represented in every grade of our house. The labor that will maintain the socks in this family will take some extra effort.
I guess he is right getting dressed is representing Mommy.

No comments: