Friday, October 24, 2008

Fathers and Mothers do not provoke

your children, lest they become discouraged. Its my turn to live this out. Its my turn, not to discourage you guys. Christian children love to use that scripture to batter their parents. I want to challenge the thinking and the disciplinary habits of my children and still allow them to have hope.
Hope is not that we will live in sinless perfection, but that as we stumble through with our foibles and inconsistencies; try as we might to overcome them, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ, THE RIGHTEOUS! He is the only one righteous and he stands at the Father's right hand continually making intersession for me to the Father. I can go on with that and pray that the discouragement doesn't crush me under its load.

No comments: