Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Coming to the net" on my children.

I am not a passive, aggressive. I am an aggressive, aggressive. That means that my children come at me with everything they've got, all the time. I expect to beat them, most of the time. I have to, sometimes cut them some slack, because their verbal and reasoning skills are developing. Naaaa! "Don't you dare tell me, all of the kids do this or that." I would rather you tell me, I had occasion to swim in the moat. I don't tell you all of my friends said no to their kids.



I tell you that, if you can do what you are doing with a good conscience before God, you have my blessing.
People look at the energy of youth and try to limit their pleasures as though there is sin in having a good time. Sin is sin and most sin, you don't have a good time at; because your conscience is screaming at you. When we try to limit people more than our parents did us; because of the trouble that we got in, what are we doing? Creating little Pharissees. I don't have fun, they say. That means that I am a Christian. I don't take my world to task in any way, shape or form. I would rather my children use their strength and get burned out having fun and say, I am a Christian, I had fun, I used up my strength having fun; I took some sinners to heaven with me. We had a blast on earth, doing this. God is just that good. Have a good time, take care of your body and soul, in the meantime and don't ask me, unless you really want to hear my opinion.
My knees are shot and everytime I feel that agonizing pain upon stepping on it the wrong way, I can hear Mr. T in my mind say don't fall on your knees without your knee pads. I fell on my knees at every opportunity and we won alot, because I did. I enjoy the pain because it is the remembrance of something bigger than I and something I lost in the seeking of a higher goal. I want my children's aches and pains to say the same things to them. I saw the look in Matt Lauer's eyes when he exhorted those Harvard grads not to let this be all that people say about them; that they graduated Harvard. His eyes were full of used up senses, that he couldn't even talk about. He seemed to say, there are a lot of things I did, that were stupid and the only thing that I can tell you; other than don't keep sticking people's nose in your privileges, is have children. That is the most thrilling life long stupidity that you can find. When children look into such eyes,burned out from aging and thrilling itself, they know that their efforts might be worth it, in the long run. Come to the net. Engage them in battle. Challenge them to greatness

No comments: