Friday, June 12, 2009

I do try not to say no, if I can help it...

Today, Mu would have said no, Ruth, definitely would have said no, My mother always said no. Why did I say yes? Just because. It is always no! The heavens even said no.
My girls had conflicting activities, both once in a lifetime events. We don't graduate everyday and we don't get tickets to see phantom everyday. I drove through torrents, for what? For the story to remember forever, mother and daughter, near heart attack conditions and making it to the arena and the library, all just in the nick of time. Soccer mom is practice for the real deal. Are the elements trying to come against my baby? Which is more important. God knows, but sometimes these are just the elements that try the mettle of love of the child. We can't do everything. But, whatever we can do, we try to do.
When I saw Terms of Endearment, I thought it fake that a mother would go against the establishment for her daughter's comfort through her sickness and death. I couldn't imagine that kind of love. I hope death is killed by the time we get to the door. But if not and if its anything like the storm we drove through today thats why God created soccer moms, bulldogs with lipstick on.
Mothering life and taking a sword or a stick to death.

No comments: