Friday, June 26, 2009

I went to New Jersey with Dad...

The first time the Jackson's were on the Ed Sullivan show. Why? Why? What? Are we doing going to pick up an aunt from NJ when the Jacksons were going to be on tv? I am gooooing to MISS IT! I was angry and sick. I laid in the back seat, totally upset, that I had to be the riding partner on that trip. I am going to miss Michael Jackson? Do you understand what that means, Dad? Nope! This meant nothing to him. You will catch it on the reruns. Nope, there are no reruns of the Ed Sullivan show. We went out there at the bidding of the grandmother and met an aunt and then we went home. I was silent, as usual, but sick to my stomach. He has no clue what he is making me miss. I grumbled and bumbled and kept my sentiments to myself. This man had too much power over my father's children. He did. That is true but this power was going to last, no matter what my dad did to keep me from Michael. We got home, just in time to see them. I couldn't apologize for my attitude, I was just still going to be mad. Even though I did get to see them that night. The fact that my father couldn't understand that Michael was more important than an old grandaunt who was stuck in NJ, was going to be my attitude. I saw them. They were the most important thing to me, that day and for that season. They were exciting and talented and it was worth every minute of the bad attitude, to me.
Don't tell me they were not the most talented young people, on the face of the globe at that time. We grew up loving and listening and enjoying and dancing with Michael. He was the best!

No comments: