Wednesday, June 14, 2017

My Country, Tis of Thee

The joy of earning the privilege of participating in governing.  Governing and being governed are important aspects of the beauty of democracy.   I have prayed earnestly to see the evolution of our race from being the governed to full participants with right perspective in the governing process.   I rejoice when I see any woman grow to education and participation. But, Black women are especially a reason for rejoicing in my heart of hearts for their continued development.  Shirley Chisolm and Kay James and Condi Rice were special to my heart in watching the development.  There is something more personal and more intense about my love of Kamala Harris.  I love her spirit.  I love her no-nonsense style.  She seems to have everything.  She seems to exude authority and power.
I see in her, something that I love and abhor in myself, tooth and grit.  She attacks the problem and the investigations like a dog and that is a beautiful thing.
I am that kind of a dog.  Truth is something to be dug for.  It is a compelling passion and an intense fettish.  But there is a seasoning that must be reached for.  There is a balance between learning the importance of truth versus the importance of relationship.  People are always more important than things.  It is important that people know you have teeth, but they needn't see them in every interaction.  Adams Rib the movie, Spencer Tracey and Katherine Hepburn is a beautiful example of when white women grew and were learning this dynamic of relationship.  Am I speaking to a superior or an inferior?  This question usually doesn't enter our minds.  We are as much on trial in an investigation as our participant in governing.  Do you know how to speak to people who are far superior to you in knowledge and experience?  You sharpened your teeth on criminals.  They are humans first and now, perhaps the most dangerous of the people that we speak to are those who are above us.  Do we engage the training that our slave heritage has blessed us with?
Am I this man's daughter or mother?  He may perjure himself through your line of questioning.That is not the goal of our interrogation. Our respect of others as humans is important, from the criminal court to the Supreme Court.
Entreating an elder, as a father is completely lost to the African American Women in authority {our feministic culture precludes it}, for the most part.  Should you want to have a long term relationship with the truth and governing, you must learn to humble yourself.  You are not on the proving ground anymore.  You have won the right to govern.  Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God and He will let you show your teeth, very rarely.  Your whisper will be heard and hearkened.  I love you Kamala Harris and I wish you years and years of great success in the sphere of representing us in America. I love the sincere pursuit of truth that your words and presence represents.  God bless your growth process in your governing and representing.  Amen.

No comments: