Saturday, June 10, 2017

Lessons from Ethy's special day.

Ethan’s graduation day.

We enjoyed a special family trip to the park near RCCC.  A game of volleyball with my adult children was a festive and enjoyable time for our family.  We have 2 graduates and it is rare that we get the chance to play so happily with each other. It is summer though and perhaps this year will be different than other years. 
It makes me think back to baby Ethan in the stroller when we would go to the park and play together.  I attempted to give the skills that I had developed to my children and they all have gotten some of the skills under their belts.  I was happy that we could get a rally going and we have most wonderful memories of spending time at the parks of NY and studying skills that lend to internal peace as well as academics.  It was a wonderful experience and it was worth every part of my sanity that was lost, some days.  This is one of those days.

We walked off the court and over through a part in the trees that was reminiscent of a meadow in Hempstead Park.  We all could see a parallel between NEmo where they went through the part where the jellyfish were.  It was so great that we had that memory and that we could see that we enjoy some of the same similes and metaphors to communicate.  The beauty of education and the beauty of relationship wedded each other for just a brief moment of time.  These guys have been through a lot to see their mom collapse under the weight of education and conviction.  I am grateful for each hand that has helped pick me up from taking on this heavy ambitious quest on, with God’s grace.  I have fallen and fallen and I have been hobbling in education and relationship, ever since.  Days when you see your 2 baby boys walk down and finish a long course of study, it makes you glad and it makes you hopeful that God will turn things toward righteousness, in spite of us.  He is flooding us with new mercies everyday!

No comments: