Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Eighth grade is a curiosity!


Thanking God for a wonderful first couple of days of school. We are all grateful for the teachers who devote themselves to imparting wisdom and knowledge to the children.
I am grateful for the opportunity of getting to know this handsome young man in my home who is finishing out middleschool.
I was married when my brothers were this age, so I really don't know the joy and challenge of living with a middleschool boy.
He has become an encouragement and a provocation to excellence for me. I find him giving more and me recieving more from him. I don't know how to accept this verbal "help" sometimes. He is a prod to hang onto Jesus! He is a challenger to help me do the right thing when it comes to my husband. He watches everything that I do. When Aunt Jackie came to visit, he said, "You better thank your husband for everything he did to get ready for your sister's visit!" Yes sir! I didn't say. I did thank my husband. The children are working together, at this point to help us be what we want to be and do what we want to do which is treat eachother well. A forgotten part of marriage at 402 months.
The joys of working together to rear and raise a garden of children, sometimes makes you forget eachother.
Enoch walked with God and he was not, for God took him
Friends forever, were godly Enoch and God.
My son, Enoch is a friendly and funny young man with alot to say and sometimes a family that doesn't know how to listen.
Happy Eighth Grade year, My son!

No comments: