Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summersoft

I enjoyed the time around the table last night. Each child had a tale or two or a wise anecdotal instruction to share. It is so interesting how they each find a way to contribute to the whole experience.
The 2 little fellows fell asleep before we got home, because I had confiscated the electronic gaming device that they were plugged into. There was no chapter in any of the parenting journals that I read about how to unplug electrically motivated children. I do not want the generation gap to be electrically charged, that would be tormenting to me. I would have nothing to talk to them about, if they continue on that gaming path. I will have to ponder my strategy concerning this device.
We enjoyed oneanothers company, those of us that braved it out through the meal and it is coming true, in our case that the family that prays together stays together.

No comments: