Saturday, November 8, 2008

My own little inventors and creators labor

on products and inventions, some of their own and some for a teacher's inspection. They are always intensely, attempting to find some new way to make our family life simpler or worry free. That is impossible (to be worryfree). When we get such a bunch of people bumping into eachother in one building there are always conflicts and learning to navigate between the essential and the sublime is helpful and might prove healthy.
We have urgent needs and we have less urgent needs and one of these days we get down to the wants. When we react to the urgent all of the time, it makes for a stressful life. Coming away from the scene for a little while, such as, at work, adds and distant view of the situation. I need to do that so that I can address the urgent needs with adequate consideration.



ON Growing and building real human relationships.
Last night I spent some time with one of the men of my dreams and it was breathtaking. Thank God, he's my son, or Ben would be jealous! It was awesome to hear the thinking of this young man congealing into a thoughtful, eloquent individual. I could truly relate to what I heard about Rodney Dangerfield's mother sitting in the seat and daring anyone to mock her son's jokes. It is important that I allow his voice to show through his writing and not his dominant English major mother. He speaks and my heart is in praise to the God who can build hope out of grief. I thought I would never hear such a voice. Helping him with his homework is not hard for me, but it is hard for him because he hates for me to look at him adoringly as I do. Thank you God for miracles.

No comments: