Friday, November 21, 2008

So interesting, this season that

My mums and my pumpkins have gone the way of all perenials vegetation. Halloween season is the season of harvest and taking stock in what is ours and what is home. Snap, my front peartree has lost almost all of his leaves and Ginger is hanging onto hers in this cold autumn season. This is remarkable to me because it was Ginger who, at first looked like she wasn't going to take to corner living. It is my peartrees' first Autumn with us. One in front and one in back.
I have "Peaches" in the house. She is far too delicate to be outside. but I am afraid that she may not make it. She is losing some leaves in the house also. I have watered her. She just doesn't look well. I have to talk to her more, I think. I will work on her some more. It is cold outside and the trees start to fall asleep so that they can survive the season. I too want to sleep off the cold weather. That is not surprising.

My carpet is nearly 3 years old and for its birthday I found a carpet shampooer at a thrift store. I am so pleased with the results and the beautification. My triangles are not as deep as the first day that I set eyes on her but when I clean her with my Green Machine, she almost feels as sweet as new. I want my carpet clean enough to live on and sleep on, but not untouchable. When the children are grown up we can have luxuries like thick carpets. For now, clean and freshly shampooed is happy.

No comments: