Thursday, January 8, 2009

I arose in the morning to my dancing peach tree.

She just loves the rain on her leaves and it was perfect weather for her to be outside. I am hoping that she teaches the fig girls to grow with us properly, so I put her out there with them to get a taste of that delicious season of rain that we were enjoying. She does not like it in my kitchen for some reason. I brought her in and she lost half of her leaves. It seems that she doesn't like being watered from the roots.
When I looked out at her at about 5 in the morning yesterday, she was dancing and twirling and smiling like I had never seen her do. I was about to give her some of my medicine to calm her down.
Anyway, I love her just the same and her dance was the start of a beautiful, overcast and then partly cloudy and then partly sunny and then hailly day. All of those in one day in North Carolina. It is no wonder fruit trees can do so well down here.

No comments: