Monday, January 19, 2009

My Fellow Americans


I am so very glad that I am not the President of the United States of America, but if I were I would be happy to talk to my nation about some of the things that we are going through and entering into.

I probably would say:

As a nation, we have been through many challenges in these last few years. Thank God and thank the able leadership of my predecessor for the direction and good examples which have gotten us to where we are today. This economic crisis is not the only item which we are or have been battling with as a nation. We have tackled challenges before and will with the help of God endure challenges and difficulties as we continue to wrestle ourselves, to remain ONE NATION under God. Some of the difficulties and challenges we inherit and some we have initiated and created for ourselves. It does us no good and just wastes valuable time to blameshift and throw accusations around. Our forefathers have created a wonderful vehicle for that and it is called the campaign. With that behind us, we grasp the broom of cleaning and go about the task of cleaning up the mess that we are in at present. It comes to the surface in the campaign and it will take a determined and unified effort to create a unified nation out of the aftermath of any campaign.
The American People have trusted me with this task of lending leadership and direction for the challenges of the next 4 years and I am, at this point, soliciting the help of God and the ablest minds that I can muster and the prayers and support of the entire Union to get us through this tumultuous time. We are not in a fairytale and the Presidency is not a dream, although it is significant that forefathers of every color have hope that their child can attain to the leadership in this great country.
It is time to pull up our sleeves and do the work that it takes to get this country out of the crisis. Let us pray and let us do and let us think and let us work. We can grow. We can work together. We can live and build and renew. Generations have, before us and with the help of God, we will, as well.
I thank President Bush and the leadership which has gotten us thus far. I ask your sincerest prayers for me, as I undertake this monumental task. God bless you and unite us, as a nation.

No comments: