Monday, March 9, 2009

Sometimes I swing too hard and miss the ball completely

Sometimes the toss is perfect and the wind is just right and my arm is aching to take that ball right to the ace spot. Not this one, says my arm and I let the toss go. I don't serve it up.

Does God say, first one in or this is for real. Does He give us a couple of practice serves before He enters us into the match. I have 3 girls and I have 3 boys. When I toss them. Up and down, like the little tennis balls and use the maternal pressure of my racquet to direct them into play, am I playing against God or against the devil. The devil is a very good partner and he buys you suzyqus and hogs the court. You could just about do nothing and get a very good score, but you will always lose.
God will let you play every point. He never ever hogs but you will always learn and win, even though it looks like you are losing.

Let that toss go He says. I argue with Him. I could have aced that one. That is my favorite toss to hit the American Twist serve. He says hit a flat serve into center of the box and see what happens. Then I won't get to put the ball away, I retort. But I will listen. I hit the flat serve and the other person gets it back. Something I hate, HATE to see. I don't want to have to play the point out. I don't want to stay in the back court, I want to serve and volley and get this point over with. That is not the point of the game on this parenting thing, says God to me. Play the point and I will be there in every rally.

Every rally in the back court with the Lord, is way better than winners on every point with the devil.

No comments: