Sunday, March 1, 2009

The toss!

I love practicing the tosses of my serves, volleyball and tennis. When I get the perfect toss I capow that ball to just the right spot in my minds' eye. It seems so easy when the cloth or leather ball is in my hands and hasn't a will of its own.
This weekend, both of my women were away from me. O my, what a heart ache. Not that I don't want to see them soar, I do. But these tosses out into the stratusphere are painful. I can't see over the net to the other side to where they are going. They are not made of cloth and leather and I am not as skilled as I am with a tennis or volleyball. Crosscourt to the backhand, American twist to the corner and then up to the net for the volley. They are stubborn. I will have to wait for a few more tosses to know the best time to hit these ladies into the courts of life and put them into play. Until then, I toss!

No comments: