Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Autumn leaves are changing?

It seems a conundrum or, if you will, idyllic; for the temperatures to be still in the 80's and the leaves to be changing at the same time. I love the sweaters that we need in the morning hours and the chill of 75 in the evenings. Ms. Gellineau said to me that Australia had temperatures like that, except alot more extreme.
My first Autumn, I nearly caught pneumonia by going out to a class at the college without a jacket and short sleeves. I went into the class at about 5pm and was sweaty running to the class across the campus at about 85 degrees and when I came out, it was about 60 or lower. I was frost bitten on my way to find the car, not to mention that I had forgotten where the car was and it was DARK!
The campus at Davidson College was gorgeous in the daytime, but very ominous at sundown. I was shiverring from cold and from fear. Thank God for a good husband who talked me through the dark to the vehicle and I learned that there are no hoodlums in Davidson, that I could see. It is a quaint little town with beauty and history and I just love it there, before and after dark!
NC is the place I am and I am learning to love it!

All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray...
I went for a walk on a winter's day,
I would be safe and warm if I was in LA.
California Dreaming?

No comments: