Monday, September 22, 2008

My Emily is midway through her Senior Year!



She talked about giving me a cartoon of herself taking the bus, in her Senior year. She is a new woman. She joined the choir and she's making new friends and she is not wearing as much make up as she used to. It is so hard to keep up with the changes in these children. One day it's about color and face stuff and the next day that is completely taboo. I don't do that anymore, Mom! Where did you go Emily?
You are a grown up and you are so comfortable with yourself, now. What happened to the oversensitive, self absorbed little girl that was the sophomore and junior. I am a Senior, Mom. You missed it. I didn't really miss it. But I do miss that little girl and now I have to put effort into getting to know the woman that you've become.
I don't think I will ever get that cartoon of my little Emily with 2 pigtails on the side of her head getting on the bus on the first day of Senior year. Oh, well...

No comments: