Monday, December 29, 2008

Of Springerle and Chocolate kisses



Annise, a delightful scent and a spring on the tongue. My tongue is aglow, but not from mint and not as sweet as chocolate. Someone said try the Springerle. I would not have tried it unless they had. Sundayschool is a time for bible study and fellowship and during the holiday season feasting is rampant. Joy to the world, is always good enough reason to feast. Christ has brought us joy.
Our brethren shared their precious recipe of German delight. Thank God that we live in a place where we are exposed to the pleasures of every culture. Who can beat the taste of a Springerle for the first time delighting the tastebuds.
I took a bunch home, with the blessings of the baker; fully intending to have at least one a day for a long time.
I enjoyed 2 on the way home,the children hadn't grown into the taste yet. Good, I said, more for me. We left them on the side board, while we went to evening service and came home to the sad sight of my dog, Emma having eaten, 5 of them.
I am still planning to indulge in one a day for a while... 5 days fewer now. At least my dog Emma has better taste in food than my children. :)

No comments: